Now in our 42nd year, the Waldorf School of Mendocino County offers an authentic Waldorf program, a dedicated College of Teachers, an experienced faculty, and a supportive Board, staff, and parent community. We are centrally located between Rudolf Steiner College in the Sacramento area and the rich offerings provided in the greater San Francisco Bay Area. We have been recognized as a full AWSNA member since 1990.
Mendocino County maintains its rural flavor, yet offers a uniquely cultural and progressive experience, as only Northern California can. The greater community provides an excellent junior college, a rich mixture of performance and visual arts, organic and biodynamic agriculture, farmer’s markets and organic restaurants and shops. Vineyards, redwoods, and the nearby Pacific Coast make this is a great place to raise a family.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including tuition remission, mentoring and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
The following are currently open positions.
- Familiarity with both cash and accrual accounting methods
- Experience in small business management; nonprofit experience desirable
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Excel) and database management (Achieve)
- Ability to take direction and work independently to produce reports as requested
- Good organizational skills and the ability to balance many and complex tasks to completion
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate and enforce collection policies
- Manage A/R, A/P, Payroll, taxes
- Develop annual budget and conduct financial analysis
- Seek opportunities to be efficient in the budget
- Identify gaps in financial procedures and recommend solutions
- Monitor essential timelines and ensure deadlines are met (timely tax reports, insurance renewals etc)
- Present clear and factual information to employees, the Board and other clients
- Maintain employee files including employment forms
- Track accrual and use of employee benefits
- Complete new hire paperwork with new employees
- Audit hourly timesheets in preparation for payroll
- Attend meetings: Admin, Board, Finance Committee, Tuition Assistance
- Increase familiarity with Waldorf education
Applicants please send a cover letter, resume and three references to the contact information listed below.
MENTOR FOR CLASS TEACHERS
Working out of Anthroposophy, the Mentor’s primary responsibility is to support each lead teacher and specialty teacher in delivering a high quality Waldorf curriculum. S/he oversees mentoring, evaluation, reporting, and on-going teacher education to ensure that all teachers are receiving the support they need to be successful in their teaching responsibilities.
Part-time hours, approximately 250 hours during the 15/16 school year. Flexible to your schedule. Ideal for teachers on a sabbatical or wanting part-time work. Pay is $40/hour. Housing is available for those who would like to come for a couple of days at a time from afar.
Please email letter of interest, resume and contact information for 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
GRADES & EARLY CHILDHOOD SUBSTITUTES
Part-time hours as needed.
Waldorf training or other experience with Waldorf education and teaching preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
For all positions, please send requested documents to:
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County
PO Box 349
Calpella, CA 95418
You may also email your letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com, or fax them to (707) 485-7335.