The Waldorf School of Mendocino County offers an authentic Waldorf program: a dedicated and experienced faculty, a helpful staff, a supportive Board, and a committed parent community. We are located near both Rudolf Steiner College in the Sacramento area and the rich offerings in the greater San Francisco Bay.
Mendocino County maintains its rural flavor yet offers a culturally progressive experience, as only Northern California can. Mendocino College, for example, brings together a rich mixture of performance and visual arts, and organic and bio-dynamic agriculture. Farmers markets, organic restaurants, boutique shopping, wine tasting, the redwoods, and the nearby Pacific Coast also make our area a great place to raise a family.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including tuition remission, mentoring, and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
For all positions, please send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County
P.O. Box 349
You may also email your documents to email@example.com.
The following are currently open positions:
- Plans and carries out daily activities appropriate to aftercare, which may include nap, activities, outdoor & indoor play, snack. May be responsible for planning and purchasing snack supplies.
- Works regularly with the Faculty Liaison or ECE Teacher for guidance.
- Maintains healthy relationship with parents of children in aftercare.
- Ensures the health and welfare of each child. Maintains and keeps accessible emergency and pick-up information for each child as provided by office. Keeps program telephone at hand and monitors incoming calls. Ensures all school policies, guidelines & rules are followed relative to the children in aftercare.
- Maintains accurate daily attendance records for the program using the provided tablet and software. Cleans and locks room used for aftercare at the end of the day.
- May be responsible for securing the campus and setting the alarm system if last to leave campus.
- Maintains professional conduct and appearance.
- Waldorf training or other substantial experience with Waldorf education
- Prior experience as childcare provider
- Child Development Education units as required by law (for licensed program)
- A commitment to Waldorf pedagogy
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility, sense of humor, warmth of soul & spirit
Qualifications for Licensed Programs:
Must meet California Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing requirements for Fully Qualified Teacher – 12 ECE units
GRADES & EARLY CHILDHOOD SUBSTITUTES
Part-time hours as needed.
Waldorf training or other experience with Waldorf education and teaching preferred.