The Waldorf School of Mendocino County offers an authentic Waldorf program: a dedicated and experienced faculty, a helpful staff, a supportive Board, and a committed parent community. We are located near both Rudolf Steiner College in the Sacramento area and the rich offerings in the greater San Francisco Bay.
Mendocino County maintains its rural flavor yet offers a culturally progressive experience, as only Northern California can. Mendocino College, for example, brings together a rich mixture of performance and visual arts, and organic and bio-dynamic agriculture. Farmers markets, organic restaurants, boutique shopping, wine tasting, the redwoods, and the nearby Pacific Coast also make our area a great place to raise a family.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including tuition remission, mentoring, and on-going teacher development and training opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
For all positions, please send a letter of interest, resume, and references to:
The Waldorf School of Mendocino County
P.O. Box 349
You may also email your documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are currently open positions:
BUSINESS MANAGER EXTRAORDINAIRE
We are looking for perfect person to join our Admin team. This is a flexible opportunity to work with competent, kind colleagues doing work that contributes positively to the world.
We have 15 - 25 hours/week of Bookkeeping duties which include the following:
- Manage A/R, A/P, Payroll, taxes
- Develop annual budget and conduct financial analysis
- Seek opportunities to be efficient in the budget
- Identify gaps in financial procedures and recommend solutions
- Monitor essential timelines and ensure deadlines are met (timely tax reports, insurance renewals etc)
- Present clear and factual information to employees, the Board and parents
- Maintain employee files including employment forms
- Track accrual and use of employee benefits
- Complete new hire paperwork with new employees
- Audit hourly time sheets in preparation for payroll
- Attend meetings: Admin, Board (as required), Finance Committee, Tuition Assistance
- Increase familiarity with Waldorf education
This work requires the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with both cash and accrual accounting methods
- Experience in small business management; nonprofit experience desirable
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office (Excel) and database management (Achieve)
- Ability to take direction and work independently to produce reports as requested
- Good organizational skills and the ability to balance many and complex tasks to completion
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate and enforce collection policies
Pay is hourly and will be based on skills and experience, pro-rated Tuition Remission (based on hours worked) is available to qualified children of employees.
We enjoy a harmonious office environment with an emphasis on good communication, health and well-being.
GRADES & EARLY CHILDHOOD SUBSTITUTES
Part-time hours as needed.
Waldorf training or other experience with Waldorf education and teaching preferred.